AAT C.I.C is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce. It is within our best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in the workplace. Our aim is to ensure that all employees and people attending our sessions are given equal opportunity and that our organisation is representative of all sections of society. Each employee will be respected and valued and able to give their best as a result. This policy reinforces our commitment to providing equality and fairness to all in our employment and not provide less favourable facilities or treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or belief, or sex and sexual orientation.
We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All employees, no matter whether they are part-time, full-time, or volunteers, will be treated fairly and with respect.
We employ individuals on the basis of their aptitude and ability to carry out our services safely and to the best ability. All employees will be given encouragement and training to develop their full potential and utilise themselves.
We Aim to:
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all team members are recognised and valued.
- To create a working environment that promotes dignity and respect for every employee and visitor.
- To not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment, to any member of staff or visitor from an individual
- To make training, development, and progression opportunities available to all staff and volunteers.
- To promote equality in the workplace, which Kingswood Shetlands & Friends believes is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- To encourage anyone who feels they have been subject to discrimination to raise their concerns so we can apply corrective measures to Sarah Lopez.
- To encourage employees to treat everyone with dignity and respect at all times.
- To regularly review all our employment practices and procedures so that fairness is maintained at all times. We will inform all employees that an equality and diversity policy is in operation and that they are obligated to comply with its requirements and promote fairness in the workplace.
Our policy will be monitored and reviewed annually to ensure that equality and diversity is continually promoted in the workplace.